Congratulations to Our 2018-2019 NHSDA Officers!!!
Meeting Dates for the 2018-2019 year: All meetings are held on Wednesday except for the Induction Ceremony! Suggested agenda below. Students must maintain a minimum of average grade of 86 to be inducted.
1. September 19th- 3:00-5:00 Suggested Agenda: Greetings from Officers Ideas for the Year Dance Activity Decide Pep Rally participation
2. October-2nd3-5pm Vote on fundraiser
3. October 24th- 3-5pm Dance Activity Student Led Invite Morris Knolls to attend
4. November28th-3-5pm Dance Activity Student Led
5. Dec 12th- 1 hour 3-4pm Plan/vote Guest Artists
6. January 16th during tech week- 3-5:30pm
7. February 20th -3-5pm Guest Artist?
8. March 27th- 3-5pm Guest Artist?
9. April 24th 3-5pm Guest Artist?
10. May 1st- during tech 3-5:30pm
11. May 29th- 3-5pm Student Led Activity Potential Officers announce candidacy
12. June 5th-last meeting!!!!- 3-5pm Sort out ceremony, Elections
June 6th induction ceremony!!!!!! 5-7pm Total of 13 meetings! 2 Tech week meetings are mandatory because they are during tech week! 2 absences permitted resulting in 9 total days of after school involvement!
Please plan for transportation or rides home. You will need to go to the computer lab to do homework if waiting for the late bus or pick up. STUDENTS are NOT permitted to wander school waiting for rides.
Still think you can't be part of NHSDA? Come talk with me about your schedule we can make arrangements!
First Meeting: September 20, 2017
First Meeting: September 20, 2016
Dancers were able to explore their movement through improvisation and then they learned a original student combination from Junior Kali Aiosa.
Second Meeting: October 18, 2016
Dancers worked on choreography for an event that is to be announced.
November Meeting: Guest Artist Michelle Robinson!
Our funds paid for guest artist Michelle Robinson to teach a Fosse jazz technique class. We learned about the great Bob Fosse and his iconic jazz technique.
All That Jazz from Chicago- Taught by Michelle Robinson
February 28th meeting!
We voted on guest artists to visit for the rest of the year! Junior Serena led students in a warm up and later students learned a combination from Junior Shanna Martinez. Students collected money from our Gertrude Hawk Fundraiser!